InterSystems, a provider of creative data technologies dedicated to helping customers solve the most critical scalability, interoperability and speed issues, today announced the release of the InterSystems IRIS® FHIR® Accelerator service. A fully managed enterprise server for HL7® FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources), it provides developers with a simple, secure and scalable repository to store and share health data for their applications.
When FHIR developers create innovative applications that integrate daily life data, for example, applications that track the diagnosis of COVID-19 or that integrate with medical Internet of Things (IoMT) devices, they have need a way to manage this data. And as the healthcare environment expands beyond traditional healthcare environments, the need for interoperability in healthcare IT grows.
The InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator service is a reliable turnkey solution for FHIR data storage and retrieval, enabling developers to be more efficient and bring their applications to market faster.
The main features of the IRIS FHIR accelerator service include:
• Pre-defined authorization and authentication with OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 using the Cognito Authorization Server, which includes intuitive methods for selecting custom FHIR scopes and allows developers to easily configure access control for users and operators. applications.
• Application programming interface (API) keys that authenticate incoming FHIR requests.
• A developer interface that enables more efficient testing, provides information about the FHIR APIs available to an application, and details the API requests needed to store and retrieve those resources.
• Available on AWS Marketplace and coming soon to other popular cloud providers.
• Support for the latest R4 version of HL7 FHIR, including US Master Data for Interoperability (USCDI).
• Support for batch import of FHIR bundles via Secure File Transfer Protocol (sFTP), making it easy to get started quickly in application development.
• Exceptional high availability thanks to mirroring.
• Ongoing updates and new features are provided automatically.
“At InterSystems, we work to ensure that our customers can achieve true interoperability and derive value from their healthcare data,” said Don Woodlock, healthcare solutions manager for InterSystems. “With a solution like InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator Service, developers have the technology they need to leverage interoperability and create solutions to reduce costs, improve patient engagement, facilitate better outcomes and strengthen their initiatives. innovation. “
Along with the recently announced HealthShare message transformation services for Amazon HealthLake, InterSystems FHIR Accelerator Service is the latest Smart Data Services offering from InterSystems. Using Smart Data Services, users can access the full power of InterSystems’ database, interoperability and analytics technologies as smaller, flexible, cloud-centric managed services. Available in major public cloud marketplaces, intelligent data services make it easy for users to access, configure, and orchestrate services.
“With a fully managed offering like InterSystems IRIS FHIR Accelerator Service, developers don’t have to worry about the traditional infrastructure issues associated with an FHIR server, including backup and restore, maintenance and high availability,” added Scott Gnau, Head of Data Platforms for InterSystems. “Built on the InterSystems IRIS® data platform, the service simplifies data storage in IoMT, electronic health records and research databases. “
Founded in 1978, InterSystems (intersystems.com) provides innovative data solutions to organizations with critical information needs in healthcare, finance and logistics and beyond. Our cloud-centric data platforms solve the challenges of interoperability, speed and scalability for organizations around the world. InterSystems also develops and supports hospital data management with the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for healthcare systems and governments through a powerful suite of integration solutions. health data. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning 24/7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and based in Cambridge, MA, InterSystems has 25 offices around the world.